Tuesday 7 December 2010

Snowy Silkstone December 2010


Here are a few examples of the glorious images that the snow creates.  I have chosen several compositions here that are made into photo opportunities by the snow.  Without snow and icicles some of these settings would not being photographed and uploaded.  I enjoy recording something that would often be overlooked, or undervalued.  When the snow falls it creates great vibrant images in so many unusual places and it also enhances scenes that were spectacular before the snowfall.  I am sure that most people want to see the stunning snowscapes that show us the splendours of the winter landscape.  I am not so sure that there is a wide audience for my less breath taking images.

The snow does pose several challenges and I am trying to preserve my delicate health so I have not ventured far into the white wonders that have been beautifully laid out all around me.  It is quite frustrating to be missing out on some of the stunning scenes that have been so close by but just out of reach for me.  I do however enjoy offering up my photographs of guttering, soffits and fascias as these would not have been my chosen subjects without the snow and ice.

If you are struggling through the winter conditions and not enjoying the cold snap at all then I still hope that you can see the beauty in the seasonal transformations.  I have some big journeys to make soon through the worst of the snows soon and I am not looking forward to those planed work trips that are becoming expeditions.  Instead of a packing extra fruit and a drink to make sure the journeys are going to be good I am packing crampons, sleeping bags, arctic stoves and ensuring I have food to last for a few days.  Right that’s me off now to test out the mobile electrics and see if anyone has hints on husky powered locomotion, or tips for troika steering.

Pictures on Flickr
2010 PHH Sykes
Edinburgh Festival Fringe Fancies


Punctuation on the snowy page - Snowy Silkstone Common (1015)

Light icicle - Snowy Silkstone Common (1008)

Icy grin - Snowy Silkstone Common (1007)

No comments:

Post a Comment