Tuesday 3 May 2011

Yellow Poppy on May Day in Midlothian Scotland


The Yellow Poppy seems both strange and familiar altogether at the same time. These pictures were taken on a warm May Day eve. The brilliant glow of the petals hid the delicate details within. Just a touch of fill lighting was used to set the scene.

Some how the Yellow Poppy had me reaching for my lens cap. Capturing this bright yellow bloom had brought an end to flower shooting for May Day. The sun had featured in my exposures and it had lit my way to several several that were completely created by the warm lighting. With my camera stowed away there was plenty of time to enjoy the sunset.


Yellow Poppy on May Day in Midlothian Scotland (102)

Yellow Poppy on May Day in Midlothian Scotland (103)

No comments:

Post a Comment