Sunday 25 August 2013

F8 Collective at the West End Fair St Johns Edinburgh


The West End Fair Just off Lothian Road in St John’s Church offers a myriad of stalls with many crafts and designs to catch the eye and to attract you towards a purchase, or two.  The F8 Collective stall was in my sights as I have been to photographic events with several of the photographers that form the group.  It was good to see their work exhibited for sale in such a great setting.  The whole of St. John’s Church both inside and outside is buzzing throughout the Edinburgh Festival.  There is performance and exhibition space here as well as the craft fair.  The church remains open as the festival events are housed in extensions and in the grounds.

The picture I have taken of the cards that I bought was created with plenty of grain to illustrate the work of Audrey Brown and Caroline McDermott whilst not copying their productions in high resolution.  I hope that the quality and versatility of the work of the Collective is evident in the pictures I have loaded of their stall.  As a photographer I am always happy to see how other photographers view the world.  In the F8 Collective I can see some excellent style and great techniques bringing out the individual expression of each photographer.  Unfortunately my brief review does not give you much time to catch the photographers at the stall as they are there now until 25 August 2013.  I look forward to further F8 Collective productions.

The F8 Collective

St. John’s Church Edinburgh


Photographs ©2013 PHH Sykes


F8 Collective at the West End Fair St Johns Edinburgh (103)


F8 Collective at the West End Fair St Johns Edinburgh (102)


F8 Collective at the West End Fair St Johns Edinburgh (107)

No comments:

Post a Comment