Wednesday 19 October 2022

I tried not take these cheese pictures and I failed to hold back my shut...

I tried not take these cheese pictures and I failed to hold back my shutter rush

Battered Truckle in Colour to Smooth Heart in Mono

When buying this cheese some months ago I looked upon it as sustenance for a photography idea. It was also edible. Then as the maturing process continued with the long life truckle I wavered between taking pictures, thinking that they would never be processed and only ever be virtual compositions in my sight and not taking pictures for a victory of life lived beyond digital recording. Had it been a film project a different focus would have been generated. After cutting into the cheese I virtually caved in and took pictures. I edited two pictures together to have two areas in focus one from each image and removed the scars from the wax and added a reflection on the knife. None of the edits were completed, they are intimations towards a better image that I attempted and now shared. Had it been a film project a different focus would have been generated. Digital gives us instant potential to record a moment as it happens, or as it matures for months, a moment decided upon without taking photographs and then yet another change of mind and suddenly something to share. The cheese was superb and it cut into three sections without any decision to cause the division that created another object that was another potential for either photography, or life without recording. We have a new perception and completion available in our current digital and virtual worlds.


© PHH Sykes 2022

phhsykes@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment