Tuesday 21 June 2011

A Wander Around the Water of Leith


There is so much development in progress all around Leith that each time I take pictures I feel that the sites I have chosen to record may be altered again by the time I return to the same spot to take more pictures. Some of the apparent swift changes of scenery are brought about by the coastal climate. The sea and the land bring mist and fog together where the sun draws salt out of the ocean and the breeze wraps up the aspect into a subtly changing almost never repeating atmosphere. There is a great chance in Leith to let the light and history show you a frame which you can fill with your own pictures.

With great lighting and superb scenery Leith does offer much to the photographer. These pictures were taken on a single daunder around the harbour of the Water of Leith. From the same shoot I have three further sets of pictures still in development. The subjects I have released here show how my eye was drawn to the open waters and the closed docks. The gates and fences are raised in part to allow for new developments, but the sea has always been an open free-way for Leith. My wander took me from the redeveloped old docks now harbouring boats converted into restaurants out towards the working piers where vessels were being readied to put to sea. From intricate details to large scale vistas there are so many pictures in Leith waiting to be taken.


Photographs on Flickr

YouTube film





A Wander Around the Water of Leith 16 June 2011 (105)


A Wander Around the Water of Leith 16 June 2011 (108)


A Wander Around the Water of Leith 16 June 2011 (115)

No comments:

Post a Comment