Thursday 2 February 2012

Imbolc Oimelc Star


My Google Calendar linked to Thelemic Holidays has been preparing me for the Feast of the Stars which it tells me is today.  My knowledge of this feast is goes little beyond the reminder that my calendar gives me and this only states the title and date.  I had plans to take a star picture today to mark Imbolc.  The light is now returning and the end of winter is beginning even if it will get colder yet at least it will also be brighter as the days lengthen.  Unfortunately for my plans the clouds have the covered the stars that I had intended to record for Imbolc, but the sheep pictured here are my Oimelc reference and the Sun is my starry inspiration for the Festival of Stars.  Oimelc is said to be the old festival name that celebrates the Ewe’s Milk or Oimelc returning as sign of the new vitality that comes back to us at this time each year.  Now I must go and research the Festival of Stars whilst I still have time.


Imbolc Oimelc Star

No comments:

Post a Comment