Tuesday 19 September 2023

Higgledy Hedge Row Piggledy at The Earl’s Palace, Birsay, Orkney, Scotla...


There was the whole fantastic ruin of The Earl’s Palace at Birsay and as I was being asked to leave my final frames were of this plant seemingly trying to get into the scheduled monument. I was being told that we had other places to go and that it was Refreshments O'clock. The woody stems had my imagination in over drive.


This is a second film presentation with much less strong stressed images. There is a greatly reduced soundtrack. Altogether less sometimes is more, we all have our perception to please.


I nearly wrote tease, please and release, but I thought better of that, the hedgerow has more than enough of plenty within it’s burgeoning boughs.


© PHH Sykes 2023

phhsykes@gmail.com



Earl’s Palace, Birsay, Birsay, Orkney

https://www.historicenvironment.scot/visit-a-place/places/earls-palace-birsay/



Brough of Birsay, Birsay, Orkney, KW17 2LX

https://www.historicenvironment.scot/visit-a-place/places/brough-of-birsay/



No comments:

Post a Comment