Monday 10 January 2011

Midlothian Midwinter Daytime Donder


After enjoying a stimulating breakfast as documented below I was ready to take to the countryside in search of more snow.  http://phhsykes.blogspot.com/2011/01/rocket-fuel-samsung-galaxy-gt-i9000.html
The guarana and caffeine were driving me on to fill my lens with snow, sky and stunning scenery.

The earlier snows had provided me with subject matter just two days before.  http://phhsykes.blogspot.com/2011/01/scottish-snow-scenes-midlothian-meander.html
So I went back to the previous locations to record the changes made by the heavier snow fall.

This was a longer tour than the Midlothian Meander and the conditions were superb.  Even though the snow was heavy underfoot it was a pleasure to be surrounded by the winter landscape.  All around was covered in the sumptuous snow cape idly left by the passing winter weather spirits.  They had transformed every aspect of the views available with the bright white covering that extended in all directions.  The windswept sheets of snow gave unexpected textures making familiar sights seem startling and strange.  There were some superb scenes to enjoy and to photograph as I journeyed around in search of light, colour and perspective.  There was no disappointment as the winter weather had created beauty and majesty across the Pentland Hills and over the pastures to the edge of the frozen waters where I thought it was time to pack away my camera.  Then just as I was closing in on the warmth of our open hearth in Temple I saw a flock of sheep that caught my eye and had me opening up my camera bag once again.

©2011 PHH Sykes
Edinburgh Festival Fringe Fancies

For more photos click on the images below

Midlothian Midwinter Daytime Donder (102)

Midlothian Midwinter Daytime Donder (115)

No comments:

Post a Comment