Sunday 9 January 2011

Scottish snow scenes A Midlothian meander


This is a brief record of an outing in the sunshine and snows of Midlothian in Scotland.  When the sun shines on the snow there is a winter beauty freely on show.  With a hop, skip and a jump I was out in the frost and chill to record the bright light on the fresh white.  The snow is not very easy to capture in pictures, but that is a part of the appeal.  The pictures I took were all created with manual settings.  I enjoy struggling over dials and buttons with frozen fingers as I take just one more exposure in an attempt to capture the natural beauty in front of me.  There is some flash in some of these exposures to provide illumination on the foreground subjects.  This outing has left me wanting more days out in the snow.  There could be a swaddled photographer taking to the chill again very soon indeed.

©2011 PHH Sykes
Edinburgh Festival Fringe Fancies


Scottish snow scenes A Midlothian meander (103)

Scottish snow scenes A Midlothian meander (118)

Scottish snow scenes A Midlothian meander (135)

No comments:

Post a Comment